Ambetter Select Wellstar and Ambetter Select Plus Members have Access to Grady Memorial Hospital as Atlanta Medical Center Closes
Atlanta Medical Center (AMC) Emergency Department and Hospital will be closing within the next few weeks. With this transition the health and safety of our members is a top priority.
Grady Memorial Hospital
Grady Memorial Hospital will begin serving Ambetter Select Wellstar and Ambetter Select Plus Members. Access begins on November 2nd.
Grady Memorial Hospital is Atlanta’s only ACS-verified Level I trauma center and ABA-verified burn center, complete with an advanced comprehensive stroke center. Grady Memorial is located just 2-miles south of the AMC campus.
- October 14: Atlanta Medical Center – Emergency Department will close at 7 AM
- November 1: Atlanta Medical Center Hospital closes.
For more information, visit Grady Health.
Great Care Options Available for You
- Contact your Primary Care Provider for not life-threatening injuries such as a sprain or cold.
- Choose Ambetter Telehealth* for convenient doctor visits!
- Visit an in-network urgent care for injuries that need fast attention like sprains or small cuts to save on costs. Use our Find a Provider Tool to find an urgent care near you.
Serious Injury? Visit the ER
If it’s an emergency, call 911. Only visit the emergency room if you have a life-threatening, serious injury, like bleeding or broken bones. Choose other care options if your injury is minor to maximize your benefits and lower your costs.
Thank you again for being our valued Ambetter from Peach State Health Plan member. We’re honored to serve your healthcare needs.