Health Insurance Special Enrollment | Ambetter from Peach State Health Plan
Can You Get Health Insurance Today?
If you’ve experienced a Qualifying Life Event, or a change in your insurance status, you may qualify for insurance during a Special Enrollment period. This means you can enroll or change your health insurance plan outside the regular open enrollment period.
Most special enrollment periods last 60 days from the date of the qualifying life event to enroll. Learn more about health insurance special enrollment and see if you are eligible for Ambetter insurance.
Need Health Insurance?
Qualifying Life Events for Special Enrollment
- Relocation to a new zip code, county or state
- Change in employment
- Change in marital status
- Having, adopting or placement of a child
- Release from incarceration
- Changes to citizenship or immigration status
- Aging out of parents’ insurance
- Losing other health coverage as a result of an individual or marketplace plan being discontinued, loss of eligibility for Medicaid or CHIP or expiration of COBRA coverage
- Other life changes
Note: Voluntarily quitting other health coverage or being terminated from health coverage for not paying your premiums are not considered loss of coverage. Losing coverage that is not minimum essential coverage is also not considered loss of coverage.
Healthcare is essential. Ambetter can help.
You can count on us to share helpful information about COVID, how to prevent it, and recognize its symptoms. Because protecting peoples’ health is why we’re here, and it’s what we’ll always do.